Hello and welcome to my blog.

Hello all, and welcome to my blog. My name is Thomas Alexander Husøy; I am a PhD Candidate in Ancient History at Swansea University. I am researching regional ethnic identities in Ancient Greece, such as the Phocians, Boeotians, Arcadians, Aetolians, and Achaeans. I am particularly interested in the importance of even smaller sub-regional ethnic groups such as the Asopid, Phlegyan, Parrhasian, Azanian, Minyan identities. During my time here at Swansea I have been active within the Student Union as a Postgraduate Student Representative for the College of Arts and Humanities and I have aided in organising international academic events such as the UWICAH Postgraduate Conference in 2019 and Swansea Summer Seminar Series in Myth and Politics from Antiquity to Present Times.

I have always wanted to pursue a PhD, even though when I was younger, I was intending to do my university studies in Astronomy or Astrophysics. But I reconsidered, and now I am pursuing my PhD in Ancient History instead, and the rest is history now. The idea of doing the topic I am now researching formed from a conversation with a leading academic at a dinner following a conference on federalism in Edinburgh. 

On this blog you can find information about academic events I am partaking in, links to YouTube videos/Podcasts I am featuring in, and blog posts for other blog. This blog will not only be about my academic work, as I will include descriptions of hiking routes and historical sites I am visiting on my journeys and blog posts about mythology, folklore, and stories.

 

I hope you all enjoy my blog.

Photo: Me at Parc Cwm Carin on the Gower penninsula. Photographer: Olivia Kinsman.



Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment